Climate Change

Posted: Tuesday, May 25, 2010 by Stained in Labels: , , , , ,
0

I have seen the climate changing here in the UAE and the effects of climate change since I first came here in the late '80s. I've watched the wadi tracks being turned into blacktop and wadis such as the East Coast's Warryah and the great Hatta Wadi turned into graffiti-splashed rubbish tips and I've watched as the many natural pools that dotted the Hajar mountains were drained by farmers using stinking pumps that leak oil and benzine into the waterways.
fakeplasticsouks.blogspot.com, Fake Plastic Souks: Ch Ch Ch Changes, May 2010

You should read the whole blog post.

In the end, I also recommend taking the survey he has linked to. It's part of Richard Wagner's Doctoral Thesis, at the Vrije University in Amsterdam and is being supported by EDA, the Emirates Diving Association.

0 comments:

Bookmark and Share