Nifty Fifty

Posted: Sunday, October 12, 2008 by Stained in Labels:
7

Got myself a new lens yesterday. It's a Canon 50mm f1.8 costing me AED 320. It's known as the 'Nifty Fifty' due to its low price and good optics. Here are a few shots I took of my cat with it...Shooting Date/Time : 10/12/2008 3:41:41 PM
Tv(Shutter Speed) : 1/60
Av(Aperture Value) : 2.8
Metering Mode : Center-Weighted Average Metering
ISO : Speed 200
Lens : EF 50mm f/1.8
Focal Length : 50.0 mm
Shooting Date/Time : 10/12/2008 4:50:27 PM
Tv(Shutter Speed) : 1/80
Av(Aperture Value) : 3.5
Metering Mode : Center-Weighted Average Metering
ISO Speed : 200
Lens : EF 50mm f/1.8
Focal Length : 50.0 mm

7 comments:

  1. Abid says:

    LOL!! As soon as I read the first two sentences of this post, I yelled out (not literally) "NIFTY FIFTY". And the third sentence of the post was "nifty fifty"...pretty funny!

  1. Neelofer says:

    Your cat has white eyebrows. Dye it :P

  1. Anonymous says:

    cute kitty....wat is his/her name?...i had a pure white turkish angora once..he had one eye blue n the other green...my mom named him popye...after the spinach eating cartoon character....btw..am not able to follow ure blog...keep getting this irritatin msg everytime i try 2 add u...ne ideas?

  1. Stained says:

    abid....the nifty fifty is quite famous though I'm not too happy with the copy I've got...hmm...

    neel....nah...she's black enough to freak out all those superstitious guest that come to my house... :D

    Zanzi....she's a cat...too old to be called a kitty though she is kinda small in size...we named her 'silver' initially but call her chootu (hindi name meaning small)....I've got a white cat too, next post will be her pictures...regarding following my blog, I think it's my template messing around so I need to change it but been too lazy to fix it. Will let you know when its fixed...

  1. Susan says:

    Nice! Great performance for the money. Good to know you're a cat guy! :)

  1. Harsha says:

    You're cats a poser!

  1. Stained says:

    I'm totally a cat guy...got two and want one more (a ginger one) but my parents won't let me cause I'm kinda allergic to them... :(
    And the nifty fifty is good, just hate its unreliable focusing...wish I could but the 50mm f1.4....

    harsha....hahaha...she totally is... :D

Bookmark and Share