iBirthday

Posted: Tuesday, May 03, 2011 by Stained in Labels: , , ,
2

I’ve never been a huge fan of birthdays. Never saw the reason behind the "let’s celebrate you for one day and forget about you for the rest of the year" concept that to me seemed quite similar to "you live so we don’t care but you die and we come weep" concept. Quite a contrast but I am talking from special know-how. Now when you talk about birthdays you think about gifts.I got my first real birthday gift in my first year of college from a girl I had a crush (read: was in love with) on and her boyfriend. Talk about massive ouch. Two shirts bought in an offer from Lamcy. Shirts in fact have been the most common gift I’ve gotten because it is honestly the easiest gift to buy for a picky snobbish me. My favorite birthday gift was a pair of gloves given to me by my CC because those were something I really wanted. Alas I’ve managed to misplace one (O_O). The worst gift/s I’ve got are books, a photography book and a self help religious book. Both I haven’t managed to misplace yet… (-_-).The last birthday gift I got were a bunch of speedlite modifiers from SJ. She tends to look down upon me like she does to her kid sister because quoting her ‘You’re just a baby’ as I am a few years younger to her. This leads to her predisposition to pamper me which is all cool cause being the youngest child in my house, I’m used to it. But then she went and bought me an iPad….as an early birthday gift. I’ve decided to keep it (because she won’t take it back) but I will use it to get more work for her and for myself. It will be our digital portfolio, our notepad, our sketch book…
Camera Model : Canon EOS 7D
Shooting Date/Time : 03/05/2011 16:52:08  |  16:59:24
Tv(Shutter Speed) : 1/125  |  1/80
Av(Aperture Value) : f2.8   |   f3.2
Metering Mode : Center-weighted
ISO Speed : 500  |  1600
Lens : Sigma 105mm f2.8 Macro
Focal Length : 105mm

People in general love birthdays. They love feeling extra special on that single day and I’ve had an inclination to make an effort to make sure that happens. Cakes, birthday presents, surprises…been there done that. Oddly I haven’t done that in a while but for SJ I will… (^_^)

2 comments:

  1. SJ says:

    its not a big deal. hmph. you are paying 25% of it ...

  1. Stained says:

    I am....oh no!! I haz no money!! :P

Bookmark and Share