Solo walkabout...

Posted: Thursday, April 14, 2011 by Stained in Labels: , , , , , , , ,
0

I can’t remember the last time I took a walk to get to a destination. I’ve been spoiled by effortless access to the metro and the public transport whenever a family car wasn’t around. Since shifting homes, that access is none existing which more often than not makes me want to not get out at all.

On the 12th of this month, there was a tweetup to get to and my primary car was at the service center. Now I either had the choice to grab a taxi (and spend AED25 or so) or walk to the closest metro station which happens to be about 3.6kms away. Instead I walked all the way to the destination which was near Lamcy which according to Google Maps is 7.16kms away from my house. It took me a hour and 45mins to get there which honestly is quite long but then I kept stopping to take pictures.
I was half expecting to end up with cramps by the end of it but surprisingly I felt perfectly fine. I even wanted to walk back but due to other commitments via SJ, had to hitch a ride with her. I might weigh more but I am indeed as fit as I was before if not fitter. This feels good. ^_^

0 comments:

Bookmark and Share