Sleep talking...

Posted: Saturday, April 23, 2011 by Stained in Labels: ,
0

I’ve taken sleep deprivation to an all new level. During my school/college years getting 8 hours of sleep if not 10 was a norm without which you’d meet a cranky moody me (not that I need less sleep to be like that). Things have changed since then because currently 4 hours of sleep is a blessing, anything more is an endangered occurrence. In the past 7 days or so, I’ve managed a meager 20 hours of sleep. The tired look is what I now permanently fashion which meant I do (at last) look my age unlike the supposed school boy looks I had a year or so back. All I need now is some facial hair and I might just look 35 years old not that I’m aiming for that or maybe I am. Just take today for instance...woke up at 5:30am, played cricket from 6:30am to 10:30am in this heat, then went for prayers and had lunch, then went mall hopping till 7, got dinner for family and watched some IPL while it’s midnight right now and I’m still awake blogging about sleep. My step counter stands at over 16,000 right now. I am extremely tired but I can’t sleep. I’m assuming this is what insomnia feels like so maybe it’s time for some pills or whatever it takes to get some sleep...

On a different note, I’m broke. I haven’t been paid for over 5 months by various clients which means I’ve depleted most of my cash savings. I really don’t understand the funda behind the delay. I just hope I don’t have to incur some more bad debts because the amounts due this time are quite large and I can’t afford another blow to my limping career and bruised confidence.

0 comments:

Bookmark and Share