Helplessness...

Posted: Tuesday, February 22, 2011 by Stained in Labels: , , , , , , , ,
0

Quoting a tweep (known as Po on The Ego's blog).
It's that feeling of watching everything burn around you and the only bottle of water is in your hand. Empty.
An apt sentence for life at this moment of time as pointed out by SJ. The feeling of helplessness...kills you from the inside... -_-

Moving on, most people know I'm a sucker for shallow dept of field and bokeh. I try to slip it in even when I'm shooting for a client just to make life a little more likable.

Last weekend I was asked to photograph half a dozen musicians on Al Seef Street in Bur Dubai. With no crowd in sight and a lack of any substantial branding, most of my time was spent photographing only the musicians. After the initial experimenting with bounce light, I started looking for creative ways to do my job. I started by focusing on the instrument or the hands instead of the face which is a cliché way to do things but it was progress. In the process of doing that, I realized I could use the lights hanging from the shade to add colour to my pictures and to make my bokeh a lot more interesting...
Camera Model : Canon 5D MKII
Shooting Date/Time : 16/2/2011 19:04/20:55 PM
Tv(Shutter Speed) : 1/100
Av(Aperture Value) : f2.8
Metering Mode : Evaluative
ISO Speed : 1600
Lens : Sigma 70-200mm f2.8
Focal Length : 200/159mm

Love the results as it makes the picture more than just a point and shoot effort. I had to get down on the floor and shoot up which was a piece of cake though I ended up attracting more attention than the musicians themselves which was kind of sad but this is how Dubai works oddly. In the end, I’m proud of myself for taking it further... *pats self on the back* ^_^

0 comments:

Bookmark and Share