UK Trip...Part VIII

Posted: Friday, June 26, 2009 by Stained in

Wednesday 25th March

A shot of the Rain from the window of the house we were living in. The poor neighbours must be thinking that the flashes created by my flash must be lightning. ;)
Woke up in the morning really early as we had to catch the tube to get to the London bridge station to catch a bus to the Stonehedge and the town Bath. The bus ride was a long one, approximately 4 hours. I thought it would be boring but it wasn't. It was fun sitting around talking to my friends, taking pictures, posing stupidly though there was a time when I was completely bored as everyone in the group was sleeping apart from me. I did get some funny sleeping shots... :)

Shots at Stonehedge.
Shot on the way to Bath
Shot of the Roman Bath that was part of our package trip. Boring place but got some cool shots.
Shot of the Church near by. This was a rondevouz spot
The place had funky corridors and ancient rooms to photograph
A shot of the water pool and a part of the structure built. The water flows from a primary pool to this open to public pool though it is not allowed to enter the pool as the water might be harmful to the human skin. There were two ducks happily swimming around in the pool.
This sign was next to the water flowing from the primary pool to the main pool warning people. I found it interesting and snapped it up.
Another Church next to the shopping center.

After the long bus trip back, we caught the tube and made our way to back home.

Thursday 26th March

After an early morning trip to my relatives on other side of London (I left my umbrella and a box of sweets in the tube) where I had proper homemade food for lunch. Was given 100pounds to spend, was scolded a few times, basically had a nice time ( a rarity in case of relatives) I made my way back where I met the others, blew the 100pounds on Tom and Jerry DVD box set, Dora the explorer DVDs and some other DVDs for my niece. Also bought some souvenirs for my family, visited the LSE campus, had lunch (Halal Subway) and basically spend some quality time with friends. After that we headed back home before sunset as we had to start packing for our flight the next day.

Friday 27th March

Woke up at 4am after a short nap. Made a quick last minute check to make sure everything was packed. Left home in a cab with a feeling that I had forgotten something. After a more than 1hour long ride to the airport through a completely deserted city of London and zooming onto the highway topping out at a speed of 107mph we reached in one piece. Thinking that I won't feel cold as I'd hardly spend anytime outside, I did not bundle up at all. I was wearing clothes I would normally wear in Dubai. On getting dropped at the airport, the time it took us to get the trolleys, unload the luggage and walk to the airport I was shivering like crazy. Took me a good 5 minutes inside to warm up.

We checked in, luckily none of our luggage was overweight, had coffee, waited on a closed counter to get back our VAT (which we did not get), checked out the rather small Duty free and then made our way to the boarding gate. Waited there some more time and then boarded the plane and got seats in the middle. No window seat for me this time which was depressing. So I spend 8 hours staring at the small box in front of me while my friends had to experience the bad part of economy class on a long flight i.e. front passenger leaning their seats to sleep. Anyway landed in Dubai at 9pm in the night, got received by my Brother, sisters Husband and my Niece.

And so ends my very long series on my UK trip. I'm glad I didn't do a series on my India that!!


Bookmark and Share