Where's my Peeta

Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 by Stained in Labels: , , , , , ,
2

WildPeeta if you didn't know is a restaurant serving fusion shawarmas in Dubai since last year. Now for the past 5 months, they’ve been closed due to rain water flooding and were undergoing repairs/renovation that had been delayed several times. Today after the long wait, they have reopened and to celebrate that, the local twitter community is having a tweetup.

Being a passive member of the community I would have gone for the tweetup but I'm not. It might seem (from my previous posts) that I'm not going due to my rubbish socializing skills but honestly I've been in plenty of situations lately where I've been surrounded by a lot of people, managed to linger in the shadows, hardly talk to anyone and survive it even though I'm sure I looked like an idiot in the end. Thing is, even when WildPeeta had initially opened and everyone was trying it out...I didn't. Me and CC had decided to go there for the first time together but she being in the UK, I had to wait for her to come back to Dubai. She did come to Dubai in January but WildPeeta was closed then while when she was here in March-April, she refused to meet me but that didn't matter because it was still closed. Now she's back in the UK surely sad about the fact that she can't be here right now to go to the tweetup...without me obviously.

Anyway irrespective of what she would and wouldn’t do, I’m not going to go to WildPeeta ever unless I’m with her when she goes for the first time...just me and her. Might sound a little stupid, crazy and very immature but there are some things that I wanted to do with her by my side and this is one of those things however insignificant it might seem...so that.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous says:

    You do know it's just food, right? Just go la!

    I've never been. A place that tries to re-spin a new idea into something "cool" is just asking to... have rain damage inflicted on it.

    Chances are the regular 3 or 4 dirham shawerma place you usually get it from will be better.

  1. Stained says:

    "A place that tries to re-spin a new idea into something "cool" is just asking to... have rain damage inflicted on it." <<< hahaha!!!

    I know it's just food. So I can live without eating it if I need to... ;)
    And everyone seems to love it but then I'm a huge shawarma fan so not sure if I'm going to like it...

Bookmark and Share