Suspected Appendicitis

Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2010 by Stained in Labels: , , , , ,
1

After spending two hours playing cricket at Insportz on Friday, I got a slight pain on the lower right side of my abdomen which I shrugged off as I thought it was just due to exertion and dehydration. I made sure I drank a lot of water during the whole day but it still continued to bother me a little.

On Saturday, my whole body was hurting due to cricket and therefore didn’t think too much of the pain on the right side. I had a few panadols to keep me going as I had lot of things to do.

I woke up on Sunday to a lot of abdomen pain. Thought it had something to do with the fact that I had skipped dinner the previous night so I quickly had breakfast (corn flakes) hoping the pain would go away. I was wrong so had Eno and some other medicine. Nothing helped. So at around 11am, dad took me to the nearby medical clinic where the GP had a look at me and told me to go to the surgeon who suspected that it might be Appendicitis. He told me to immediately go for a blood test, urine test and ultra scan.

The results from the ultra scan were immediately sent to the doctor. He could see a bit of swelling but wants to wait for the blood and urine test results to be certain what the problem is. Gave me four tablets to take two times a day and he’ll get back to me by today evening.

I wish these ultra scan images would make more sense...Anyway I'm totally cool about it but moms worried cause the doctor did say that I should have come earlier plus big brother had an appendix operation about 14years back and there were lots of complications...hmm...

1 comments:

  1. Seabee says:

    I had the op only about six years ago. It was easy, simple, I was home the next day - don't worry.

Bookmark and Share