Seducing the Valiant....

Posted: Friday, April 09, 2010 by Stained in Labels: , , , , , ,
3

Yesterday I was at Shelter to watch the plays 'The Valiant' and 'The Seduction', a backstage presentation.

The Valiant

Directed by Sandhya menon and written by Holworthy Hall and Robert Middlemaass, The Valiant was a serious short drama revolving around the character James Dyke (played by Arjun Barman) who has been convicted of murder and is living the last hour (or so) of his life. Father Daly (played by Jamal Iqbal) and the Warden (played by Rohit Prakash) who are trying to figure out what his real identity is while Josephine (played Sandhya Menon) has come to visit Dyke to see if he's her long lost brother.

The play was interesting though a little predictable in places. I really liked the way Rohit Prakash played his role while Jamal Iqbal was good as well. Arjun Barman who played Dyke seemed a little off initially but ended the play on a high. Sandhya Menon in my opinion was the poorest performer in the play as she wasn't very convincing. Overall my first live play and it was a good experience...


"Cowards die many times before their death, The Valiant never taste of death but once"

The Seduction

Directed by Jesika Menon and written by Anton Chekhov, this short comedy was the reason I was at Shelter. The main character i.e The Seducer was played by a person I am acquainted with i.e Hisham Wayne. The story revolved around how he seduces a wife (played by Camilla Mclean) through her husband (played by Rodger Talty).

Wasn't as funny as I thought it would be but it had its moments especially the scenes between Rodger Talty and Camilla Mclean. Rodger Talty played his part perfectly in my opinion. Hisham Wayne did justice to his role while Camilla Mclean did a good job as well.

In the end a nice day out even though as usual it was a socializing disaster. As SJ asked me 'Why don't you talk' and I replied 'I don't know what to talk about...I don't see the point of small talk'

After leaving shelter, I spent an hour in Jadaf, all alone talking to myself with no one to bother me. Also did a 25min long video log...I wonder if anyone will ever see it...

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for dropping by, and for an honest review. Was good seeing you at the show, and am glad we could entertain!

    Your pictures are certainly gorgeous - you too have done justice to your role as trigger happy shutter-bug! :D

  1. Stained says:

    You're welcome and thanks... :)

  1. M Talty says:

    Good Man Rodger

Bookmark and Share