Clouds Lightning but no Rain...

Posted: Tuesday, November 10, 2009 by Stained in Labels: , , , , , , ,
5

So while I left home to photograph the sunset, I spotted this cloud towards the east. Looked interested so I decided to head towards Jadaf where I could get a better look at it and possibly better shots. I reached, parked my car and looked at the cloud carefully. What I say next were over a dozen lightnings. I got excited and I called a friend, asked him if he wanted to go storm chasing. He said yes...So I snapped this quick shot (I had only brought my wide angle with me) and drove off to my sisters office to take her home.


I told my sister about the cloud and about my plans. So she called home and asked my parents if they wanted to go storm chasing. Basically when we were kids, as a family, we used to do this a lot. It used to be our own little adventure trips. If we heard it was raining somewhere in the UAE, we'd try to get there in the next few hours and look for dark clouds to drive to. Good days!!! Don't do that much anymore.

Anyway back to the story....I told my friend that I'm going with my family. We left home at 6:20pm, headed towards Hatta. We couldn't see any clouds or lightning anywhere. After driving for around 60-70 kms, we decided to head in the general direction of Al Ain on a road we'd never taken before though we kinda knew where it was going. Still no clouds or lightning. We hit the Dubai-Al Ain road and decided to head back home. Got home at 8:50pm, no clouds, no rain....just munching on some good shawarma, disappointed at the lack of any excitement...though it felt good getting back into the storm chaser mode after a really long time....

5 comments:

  1. The Ego says:

    You hurt me with the shawarma!!!! :P

    Hmmm whom did you call to come with you?

  1. Stained says:

    You should be glad I didn't take a picture of the Shawarma!! :P

    And how does it matter who I called!!! :P :P

  1. The Ego says:

    You still didn't tell me whom you asked!!!

  1. Abid says:

    Such a good post! Too bad there's no pictures of the "unknown road" :p

  1. Stained says:

    The Ego....how does it matter??

    Abid...my camera sucks in low light so no shots... :|

Bookmark and Share