On top of the cake

Posted: Tuesday, October 21, 2008 by Stained in
2

Attended my cousin's son's marriage reception at the Sheraton in Abu Dhabi. They had this huge 5 storey cake that had a groom and bride doll on top. I was really surprised the family wanted this on top. This is the first time I've seen it at a Indian wedding reception. Very Weird!!!!
Anyway they didn't know I existed, i.e. I could have been the official photographer, not that they'd pay me so I ended up taking some candid shots after my dad asked me to.Shooting Date/Time : 10/18/2008 8:35:07 PM
Tv(Shutter Speed) : 1/50
Av(Aperture Value) : 6.3
Metering Mode : Evaluative Metering
ISO Speed : 800
Lens : 18.0 - 200.0 mm
Focal Length : 200.0 mm

2 comments:

  1. Abid says:

    I don't know about other countries but here in canada (and the US), you just contact local wedding photographers, and ask them if they'll allow you to shoot a couple weddings with them as an assistant. you bring your own camera and lenses but the photographer may give you advice (and more importantly, experience).

    I'd imagine that the wedding season in that part of the world has started (with the cool weather)?

    Also, wedding photography is a bitch and you probably don't want to do it if you've never done it before (very pressuring job; long work hours; short time to give results; etc etc)

  1. Stained says:

    I need to do that but have been just plain lazy to contact any photographer....but I think most will be not interested cause I'd end up being competition....
    It is the wedding season here....

    wedding photography is a piece of cake here....cause most of the work is reception work where you have to just keep flashing people blind...

Bookmark and Share